como Town Gazette - March 2015
Como Town Job Fair
Looking for an exciting summer job? Look no further! Join us for our annual job fairs on
March 6, 13 or 20 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Zobota Cafe in the Como Zoo Visitor Center. We are looking for responsible, outgoing individuals to join in on the fun! In return we offer competitive pay and flexible scheduling. We have both part-time and full-time positions available. We will be accepting applications for Ride Operators, Guest Services, Ticket and Retail Sales, Concession Workers, Managers, Kitchen Staff, Catering Servers and many other. If you have any further questions, please visit our website at comotown.com or call 651.487.2121 ext. 1 Click to learn more!
Learn about capillary action with this simple and colorful rainbow celery experiment and craft!
- leafy celery stalks
- mason jars or drinking glasses filled with water
- food coloring
- scissors (optional)
- Fill the jars or glasses about halfway with water and place them by sunlight. Then drop different colors of food dye into the glasses.
- Cut or rip stalks of celery and place them in the cups of colored water.
- Let the celery sit. We started to see some faint color appearing in the celery after a few hours, and the next morning the leaves were tinted pale rainbow colors. After three days, we had these super bright and vivid colors! We also had some tired and wilted looking celery as the leaves dried out.
- Take it Further: Cut a single stalk of celery into three pieces and submerge each section into a different cup of colored water to see if the colors mix or blend in the leaves. Write down the reactions!
For more information and tips, check out www.pbs.org/parents.