como Town Gazette - February 2015
VaLEntine's Day at Como Zoo
Join us for an enchanted romantic Valentine's dinner at Como Park Zoo & Conservatory on February 13 & February 15! Click to view our gourmet menu and to make a reservation!
Build this simple craft that sounds like the rain!
- Paper towel tube
- Wax paper
- Aluminum foil
- Rubber bands or tape
- Decorative materials (optional)
- Cover one end of the tube with wax paper and secure it with tape or rubber bands.
- Crumble up strips of aluminum foil and place in the tube.
- Pour a handful of rice into the tube.
- Cover the other end of the tube with wax paper and secure it shut.
- Decorate your rain stick however you like.
- Slowly lean your rain stick from side to side to hear the sounds of the rain!
For more information and tips, check out www.sproutonline.com.