Coming Soon: Tiger Trax Roller Coaster
Tiger Trax Roller Coaster is a family-friendly coaster custom made for Como Town by SBF Group in Italy. The jungle-themed Tiger Trax coaster cars are custom painted to look like Como Zoo’s Siberian tigers. The figure-eight roller coaster has 1,100 feet of track.
The new Tiger Trax Roller Coaster replaces a 20 year-old coaster, the Scream’in Dragon, which was sold to an amusement park in South Dakota in 2013. Como Town went last season without a roller coaster while plans were made to obtain a new roller coaster.
After months of research and roller coaster testing Como Town’s owner and Saint Paul resident Glenn Baron, accompanied by his 14-year-old daughter, traveled to Italy to test SBF Group’s roller coasters before selecting the Tiger Trax coaster for Como Town. The roller coaster was shipped from Italy and arrive in Minnesota in May and engineers from SBF Group supervised the installation and testing of the new coaster.
TPT Family Fun Day
On Saturday, May 30, 2015 from 10am to 4pm, bring the whole family for a day filled with fun activities at Como Town and Como Zoo! Enjoy a discounted unlimited ride wristband for Como Town, character appearances and musical performance by children’s band Snapdragon Seeds. Click here to get your discounted Como Town Wristbands!
Twin Cities Live and KS95 are coming back to Como Town this season! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and be the first to know about all the news, fun events and activities we have planned for you this season!
Craft Project – Melted Bead Bowl
Make this stylish bowl with only a few simple supplies!
– beads—a wide variety if you choose
– an oven-proof bowl
– Pam or grease for the bowl
1. Grease the oven-proof bowl and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Empty the beads into the bowl and push them down to the bottom, spreading them out until there is a single layer reaching up the sides.
3. Place the bowl in the oven and “bake” it for about 15 minutes.
4. Once it’s cooled, peel the bead bowl off of the oven-proof bowl; now you have a new, beautiful bowl!
For more information and tips, check out www.pbs.org/parents